Friday 15 June 2012

EVENT: Rock Of Ages


I'm not usually one to review movies (so don't get used to it :P)  but I saw Rock Of Ages tonight and I absolutely LOVED it! So much so, I would actually buy it when it comes out (last movie I bought was HP last year ...) I'm very picky when it comes to clothes, music and shoes, so it should come to no surprise to you that I'm very picky when it comes to movies. I hate a lot of movies that are really popular but my main like about movies is when I don't know how they are going to end. I especially have a problem with romantic comedies that doesn't have an interesting plot other than the two leads obviously going to fall in love at the end. Bore. It's been done. The end is the most important part for me when it comes to liking movies ...

... but back to Rock Of Ages. It's brilliant. Now, it's no secret that I am a fan of musicals so I might be a little biased. But I thought it was a nice little musical adaption of the stage production - which I haven't seen (so nice to not have any idea about the story) Whether you are a fan of Tom Cruise or not, he is absolutely brilliant in it that you don't even think of it being Tom Cruise. But my absolute favourite parts were the scenes/songs between Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand. They were hilarious! I only wish that Paul Giamatti got a solo - but it wasn't vital to the story so I can understand why he didn't have much of a singing part in the movie.

Sure, the story is a little cheesy and the lead actors aren't the strongest performers - but it's a fun movie. For the record, it's no misery that the two main leads are going to fall in love but their love story is not the storyline that drives the movie :)

It'll definitely please any fans of musicals - it has a lot of Glee moments in it too mainly thanks to 'Don't Stop Believing' sung by the two romantic lead andits  many 'mash-upss'. There's romance, singing, dancing, humour and some very raunchy scenes VERY! - not sex scenes but it's perhaps not the best movie to watch with your Grandmother ... Julianne Hough reminded me so much of Audrey O'Day.

I walked out the cinema just wanting to buy tickets for a later session and see it again straight away. I can't wait to buy it and watch it over and over again. I definitely recommend it! But bare in mind, it's not going to be a movie that everyone will enjoy - but as you can tell, I loved it!

Have a great weekend everybody!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...