Thursday 5 September 2024

Items In My Closet I Haven't Worn This Year (September Update)

I was meaning to do a mid-year update but that never happened. Come August, I thought it was too late to do one, but here I am in September. At the start of every year, I do that trick where you turn your clothes hangers the wrong way and turn them back once you've worn whatever it might be. I think I'm doing quite well but you can be the judge. Note/I only included my hanging clothes. Nothing folded.



1. Cotton On Maxi Dress

I bought this Cotton On dress at an op shop I think last year. It was a replacement as I had one in a smaller size that I shrunk so I was a little excited to find this one in store. I haven't had an occasion to wear it to yet. I could, perhaps, wear it to my sister's birthday but it's a little too booby for that so I think I'm just going to save it for a later day. It's definitely a more dressed up style than my everyday - and that's okay.



2. Lauren Spencer Smith Merch Jumper

I bought this Lauren Spencer Smith merch jumper on Depop earlier this year (maybe June or July, from memory). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it but I'm afraid of the white. I just know I'm going to spill some food on it and ruin it. I think I might put it in storage for now until I completely ruin my other jumpers from spills.



3. Black Blouse from Savers

I bought this earlier this year as part of a Savers "haul" (where I bought two things...). I haven't had a chance to wear it yet but might at my sister's birthday do later this month... I'm afraid it might be a little shorter than I like my tops to be and that's my ultimate reason, but we shall see. It's probably a good candidate for donation but I'm going to give it a chance first. It would probably be best in an office setting but I'm not in one (yet).



4. Her Pony Scorpion Leggings

I've owned these for many, many years and have yet to wear them. They're quite bold for my personal style but they're too magnificent not to keep them. I hope one day to wear them, but that day has yet to happen. 



5. Little Mistress Dress

I LOVE this dress. I've worn it a number of times over the years, but I haven't been out much this year so haven't had an occasion yet. Again, I might wear it to my sister's birthday do but I haven't completed decided yet on what kind of look I'm going for. If it remains unworn, I'm okay with it, as it's more of a party dress.



6. My collection of leggings

I have four pairs of colourful leggings that I keep on the same hanger. I never wear any of these very often, so I'm not surprised to see them on this list. The black faux leather ones from Cotton On are my most worn, and still, they only see the light of day once every couple of years. They're good for styling though and certain outfits. The tartan ones from Supre I wear every couple of Christmas'. The dinosaur ones from Poprageous are incredible and not going anywhere. The galaxy ones are a long time ago purchase from Romwe that are really soft and nice. I doubt I'll end up wearing any of these thing's year but you never, never know.



7. Y.A.S. Dress

I bought this Y.A.S. dress impulsively at TK Maxx earlier this year. I like it, but I feel like it's a little too goth for me personally. Every time I've put it on to wear out, I take it off again. I might wear it to see Beetlejuice Beetlejuice but then I'll just feel in costume. So, I'm still finding ways how to style this. I did say it was a winter-style dress though and winter has now come to an end so it might be a good candidate to get rid of...

--

I'm not going to make any decisions just yet, but it does help to see what I have worn for the year. I'm also considering getting one of those apps that tracks what clothes you wear every day. Has anyone tried them? I'm really interested - even though I know I basically wear the same style every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...