Monday 26 November 2012

EVENT: Sydney Day 4


Day 4 of my Sydney trip :)

Enjoy!

x


Last time I was in Sydney, I desperately wanted to go to the Chinese Garden of Friendship but being as I only had one day there and was low on cash, I didn't get to go. This time, however, I wasn't going to miss my opportunity for a second time :) The gardens were gorgeous. It was just beginning to rain so there weren't too many people about - which meant for better photo ops. It was actually the first time that I've been able to just relax during a holiday. Usually I fill my time with all that I can do but being there was really calming. We took our time and were just in bliss for about an hour. For $6, it's a nice break within the city chaos.




After the Gardens, we walked through Darling Harbour and Harbourside Shopping Centre over to the Fish Markets for lunch.


We opted for a shared basket of food. The markets were so packed - considering it was a Monday. We were lucky to get a seat! - and only after a kind man got up from his seat to let us sit, bless him.


After lunch, we walked back through The Star and stopped over at Adriano Zumbo's Patisserie. I'm not a big fan of macaroons but I couldn't miss the opportunity to try the Zumbarons. When in Rome, ay? The store looked like something out of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory and left us drooling all over the floor. Everything looked oh so yummy!





salted caramel / passionfruit / lamington / black vanilla / chocolate donut / malted milkshake



We walked through The Star and over Pyrmont Bridge to Madame Tussuads. Our tickets were for 4pm but we were early but it didn't seem to matter. It was quite empty actually - which was the plan, having booked for Monday afternoon.

It was a lot of fun! I've been to two others (London and Amsterdam) but I've wanted to go to the Sydney one ever since it opened this year. I spent the most time with the Bruce Willis statue - as he's the one I wanted to see the most. Once again though, I realise how tall everyone is and how incredibly short I am! I'm on my toes in all my Bruce photos and I still look short. Next time, I'm bringing my heels!


I couldn't help but smile when The Lost Boys trailer was playing ^_^ It inspired my Blog name.

I have the same sized hands as Miranda Kerr.











We ended the day with dinner and cocktails at the Blackbird Cafe.
I recommend the Sweet Potato Ravioli. It's so good!


Outfit photos tomorrow :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...