Tuesday 30 June 2015

EVENT: St Trinians Cosplay

 

So last weekend was OZ Comic Con Melbourne. I actually was in a bad mood for it because of some detailed that happened prior to the weekend. I'm not going to go into them but sad to say that I almost didn't feel like sharing any details from the weekend but it's what I love to do so I have and now I bring you my cosplay costume.

If you look back at my past posts, you can see the progress leading up to this costume.
More under the cut!

x


So first let's start with how much it cost me to make this bad boy!
  • Hat (details here)
  • Cardigan $30 (here
  • Skirt $16 (here
  • Shirt $12 - Kmart
  • Sleeve $5 - opshop
  • Bras - mine, borrowed and Kmart $9
  • Belt - owned
  • Bracelets - Jay Jays and eQuip
  • Tights $8 - Big W
  • Socks $4 - ebay
  • Tie $7 - ebay
  • Necklace $8 for beads - Spotlight
  • Shoes - owned
  • Dreads took 3 hours and were lovely done by my blog-pal Natalie from Extra Large As Life
This cosplay was made with a lot of love and care for details. I watched St Trinians 2 SO many times! Oh, by the way, my character's name is Daisy (played by Daisy Tonge). She is blonde but I didn't want to wear a wig or dye my hair so I stuck with my own hair and just was Daisy if she'd dyed her hair, I guess.

Both the hat and skirt took a LOT of trial and error. The skirt didn't work so many times and in the end I had to sew extra cotton into the skirt to give it more support and structure. On the day, I wore it with a trench coat and my butt looked huge but not only that, I felt like one of those shady old guys who sell watches from their trench except I could have sold bras. That was me lol. The shady old girl selling bras =P

 The main thing I wanted with this costume was to be able to keep the pieces I wanted to wear again. The cardigan, skirt, shirt and tights can all easily fit into my day-to-day wardrobe - hence why I decided to buy all the pieces instead of making them. Also the bracelets I LOVE and have worn them already out of costume. 

I received many weird looks but that's okay. I expected that =P I hope you all like the way it came out!

---



Here's the back of the look. The belt didn't fit me - well it did but didn't have the loose look I was going for so I had to use wool to make it longer. You can vaguely see it in this photo. But that's the bra skirt from the back anyway. It took a lot of HARD work to make it look like that!

---
 

This is a photo of the group of us - a geek, a posh totty, Kelly and an eco.
Our emo and Annabel had to pull out so it was only the four of us :\

---


So here's a close up photo of the outfit details. Note the necklace, belt, sleeve and hat. 
Those are the small details that took it from student to eco =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...