Tuesday 17 April 2012

EVENT: TV Week 2012 Logie Awards

Ah, the Logies, it so amuses me that everyone kind of hates them but secretly kind of wants to watch it at the same time. It's that love hate thing how Aussies seem to bag anything that comes from here, yet we still kind of interested anyway. Still, I actually love an award show so I stayed up and watched the whole thing - it wasn't easy. I was so sleepy (was up at 6am - long day - long story).

Of course, one of my favourite things about an award show is the fashion on the red carpet. I was a little bored with some - I think a lot of people played it safe this year and some of the ones who really stepped out of the box got it incredibly wrong! If they are reading this, I'll dress you next year =D I have channel 10 connections ...

As for the show itself, the opening monologue by Adam Hills was funny and charming. I'm with him though, enough of putting idiots on TV (loved his crack about the Kardashians). I don't really do trash reality TV - I must prefer trash competition reality TV lol. I'm also very happy for Hamish to take the gold. I had a feeling that he would - even more so after Gap Year took out Most Popular Light Entertainment Program. But I would like to see Shaun Micallef take the Gold one day. I adore Shaun and I think he deserves it.

Another Logies has come and gone. Bring on next year! x

My best dressed picks are under the cut :)


My best dressed pick of the night was Asher Keddie in J’Aton Couture. I love the pop of neon yellow and the fit is just gorgeous. It's unique but not OTT. It's one of those dresses that you just can't keep your eyes off and the more you look, the more you like it.


My runners up for best dressed were Jacinta Campbell - or perhaps I'm just biased because I adore her, just like all of Australia after her amazing performance in Celebrity Apprentice Australia (BTW cannot wait for the new season to start this week!). Also I will give mention to Jennifer Hawkins in Tony Maticevski. The mint colour is bang on trend and I do love a bold necklace. Also best designer for the night was Steven Khalil who created both Samara Weaving and Kate Richie's gorgeous gowns.

  - Jacinta Campbell

  - Jennifer Hawkins

My best dressed male for the night was Andy Lee. My absolutely favourite look in suit dressing is dressing in similar shades. I learnt this style from the Olsen twins. I followed suit and wore different shades of brown to my first day as an intern at TV Hits magazine seven years ago (wow, time really does fly!) and got many compliments on my style. Thanks Olsens! Appreciated.
 

My runner up is Guy Sebastian. It's very clean and very polished. He looks very expensive.

 

Did anyone else spot the shiny metal belts worn by Carrie Bickmore and Sonja Kruger? Reminded me very much of Sass and Bide - but just a couple of seasons too late. Still, nice though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...