Tuesday 3 July 2012

BLOG: Questions and Answers

Firstly, I want to say the biggest THANKYOU to everyone who has viewed my blog, left a comment and of course, all my followers. Last month was extraordinary! You do the blog for you but it's always so rewarding when you know that people actually like it. I'm always surprised by my numbers every month! I know my numbers don't even compare to larger blogs but the fact that my numbers keep going up makes me more happy than if they were to go down :)

I thought, as my ABOUT page is currently being updated, I'd do a bit of a Q&A with common questions and questions I've been asked in the past.

How tall are you?
160cm or 5'3. I'm short :)

Where do you live?
I was born and raised in Melbourne. I've lived here all my life except for the one year I spent living in the Netherlands (Rotterdam/Leiden) in 2010. I've done a lot of travelling and I can't wait to do more in the future! Still, my favourite place in the whole entire world is Sydney. I love it there and try to get up there as many times as possible!

How do you make money?
I admin and freelance style on the side. My ideal job would be to work in the wardrobe department on various TV shows :)

Do you have twitter, instagram, facebook etc?
I just recently opened my twitter up again so I'll post about that soon - the link will be under the header :) I don't have facebook. And my instagram account is currently private. I may make it public one day and when I do, you will know :)

Where did the name for your blog come from?
Check this post [here]

Do you have any tips for becoming a stylist?
Check this post [here]

Why did you start a blog? 
I wanted to start an outfit blog back in 2010 when I was living in Holland but I didn't have a lot of clothes with me - even though I bought so much! when I was over there - so I felt like I wouldn't be able to put a lot of time/effort into it.

When I came back to Australia, I opened my blog Tinsel and Tapshoes. I ran it for a year and then realised that I wasn't enjoying it. The voice wasn't me and I hated that I wasn't being true to myself. So I closed down the blog and started my new one CLS and I've been so much happier! This blog is me. I would like to post more outfit posts in the future when I can :)

Do you have any tips for new bloggers?
Blogging is hard. It takes a lot of time and effort. Do it because you love it and stay true to you. A lot of newbies blog for followers or freebies and then get frustrated because opportunities aren't presented to them fast enough so they stop posting. 

I can honestly say that I love reading my blog and I think that that's a good thing. I'm proud of it. I'm proud of the layout and the progress I've made. I'm sure I could probably get more followers if I change my blog up a bit but it wouldn't be true to me so I'm not going to do that.

So most importantly, make sure your heart is in it :)

Do you have any favourite blogs?
I do but my favourites change all the time. I do like a lot of plus size bloggers because I love plus size fashion, even though I'm too small to fit into it.

Why don't you do more outfit posts?
Honestly, it's hard for me because I haven't told too many people about my blog so I take outfit photos when my photographer is free. I would like to as I enjoy it very much but I'm doing my best to get as many outfits as possible :)

Who made your blog look so good?
My blog is all me. I created the header using Paintshop Pro and Microsoft Word - so very easy stuff. I wanted it to look clean. I also hate animated ads and too many ads so I try to keep them as out of the way as possible :) And I'm sure you've noticed, I like everything to be organised hence the entry title catergories :)

What is with all the event posts? I thought this was a fashion blog?
It is and it's not. As I've said, I like reading my blog so I like going back to my event pages and reading about what I've done and where I've been. I very much like meeting celebrities and seeing what they are really like. I'm really not very nerdy even if I have been to conventions in the past :) I would die though if I ever met David Hewlett. He's one of my absolute favourite actors ever! (I probably wouldn't have watched Stargate Atlantis if not for him - and honestly, I tend to only watch "his" episodes on DVD)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I shall answer :) I'm a bit of a bad emailer so best ask here - but if you prefer email, I will get back to you asap - promise!

My ABOUT page will be back up soon.

Have a great week everybody!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...