
Back in July, I wrote my Strategies I'm Adopting For Downsizing My Wardrobe Space article
and I had every intention of sticking to the rules I set out. But at the time of writing that,
I hadn't seen the space that I was going to be working with - so things were a little tricky.
Now, I didn't completely fail but I definitely underestimated the amount of clothing I had as well as the amount of space that I would now have to work with. Now, again, I could squish everything I own into my new wardrobe, but I like my clothes having space to breathe - or I guess room - but I didn't want to do that.
So, while I had every intention of putting everything into one wardrobe, that didn't happen. My costumes are in boxes in my sister's garage and our storage shed, and my coats are in the spare room.
But I'll explain what you're seeing a bit more below:

This is the middle of my wardrobe where I keep my skirts, dresses, leggings and boots.
My boots have been the main issue as I own SO many (I think I mentioned that they would be a problem). I bought a new shoe rack from Kmart hoping it would go along the bottom, but it was too wide, so I have stacked two instead of side by side. I would LOVE to get something (or make something) that would make storing my boots easier - but most shoe racks don't accommodate for high boots, I know I've checked.
I grouped my mini and midi skirts as well as my leggings and it works well.
There's still a lot of space between hangers which I like. I do feel like I could use some more variety in my dresses but I'm so picky with what I like that I haven't given that I thought yet.

This is the first door of my new wardrobe where I keep my basic t-shirts and leggings, pajamas and dressing gowns, knitwear, underwear and socks, necklaces and blankets.
There's an empty space in the shelves because on my jumpers is in the wash.
You can see the bird hook in the back there. There's actually two of them. One of them holds my media lanyards and the other will hold my belts when I can find them... right now they're missing :/
My shelves are too big, and they slide out sideways as there's not enough space to have them facing forward. It's actually quite annoying but it's all I have for the moment to work with, and it works okayish.
I put a light there so I could better see my clothing.

This is the third door in my new wardrobe where I keep my tops, shirts, cardigans, jumpers and jackets. In the drawers below I have my swimwear, bags and random bits of pieces. As well as some shoe boxes beside the unit.
With the larger coats taken out, this section looks quite spacious. I didn't have the heart to get rid of my oodies so I kept my Killer Klown one and have stored the other two. Strangely enough I haven't even worn it (maybe once) since I've moved, and we were in the middle of winter. So that's very weird for me.

This is a shot of the other wardrobe where I keep my winter coats.
It's in the spare room so it's packed with a bunch of bits and pieces as I share it. You can see my step stool below as well as part of my clothing steamer. I will soon add my suitcase in there too.
But it helps SO much having my coats in here as they take up SO much room.
-
I'm still tweaking things but I'm happy with where it is at
x
No comments:
Post a Comment