Friday, 31 July 2026

Low/No Buy Year: July 2026

 

What a crazy month I have had! 




> What I Bought:

I spoke last month about getting a black-on-black shearling jacket and well, I bought a second one, also off Depop (again for $25). What can I say, I'm obsessed and wear them SO much. I won't buy another though. I'm good again now for at least 30 years, or until I get sick of them. But I alternate between all three now constantly. The new one is actually a little warmer than the other new one, so I find it handy for colder nights out.

I was in David Jones and saw a vase from Fazeek that I loved. It might seem random, but I'd actually been looking for a vase for a long, long time. It retails for $109, but I managed to find one on clearance for half price with a further discount, so I ended up getting it for $43.60, but I had $40 in vouchers, so I paid just $3.60 for it. I had been looking in every secondhand store and just couldn't find anything super unique, so I had to buy new.

I also impulsively bought the iconic charm set ($30) at SIX for my keys as my Shazam keyring is so dirty!

My cat also unexpectedly needed surgery this month, so I'm glad I didn't buy much. He's good now though :)


Total: $58.60

I went to the theatre for Patience ($60 ticket/$10 programme), Bonnie & Clyde ($41 ticket/$8 programme), Steel Magnolias (free ticket & programme), SIX (free ticket & programme), The Coronation of Poppea (free ticket & programme), The Bridges of Madison County ($50 ticket/$5.17 print) and The Lightning Thief - The Percy Jackson Musical ($32 ticket/$10 programme). I went to the cinema for Disclosure Day ($20).  



> What I Learnt:

I moved this month and although I don't mind packing, I learnt just how tedious the whole situation is. Because even though I feel like I don't own a lot of stuff, it was still incredibly overwhelming. Like you just don't consider all the little bits and bobs you have, or at least I only focused on the larger items I could see. But little things I need like cords for things, notebooks, pens, socks, all these little things need packing away too. 

I obviously did my Strategies I'm Adopting for Downsizing My Wardrobe Space article and I stuck by those rules, but I also culled some extra items this month just so the next move isn't as crazy. I am also a very sentimental person when it comes to my items (as well as a former hoarder turned minimalist), and I especially don't like the idea of anything ending up in landfill so it's always an inner battle. I was really good initially and tried to not think about it too hard, just go on instinct, but then I started to think about it more and struggled. 



> Temptations:

I was very tempted to get the black box from drmtlgy. I've wanted one for so long! But alas I sadly didn't.

I visited the Garfield and Hello Kitty cafes and wanted to buy a t-shirt at both. $59 seems like a lot for a t-shirt though and I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy any new t-shirts this year. And I'm sticking to it.

Naturally I wanted more art and more merchandise at SIX: The Musical because it's just so fun!  




> So Far:

Let's continue this (striking through essentials/needs) ... things bought so far:

  • Christmas decorations x4 ($0.10)
  • Keanu Reeves book ($3.50)
  • Jewellery x4 ($70.49)
  • Charms ($30)
  • Boots x2 ($24)
  • Clothing x21 ($388.82)
  • DVDs x5 ($4.98)
  • Moisuriser ($23.40)
  • Frames x4 ($620.44)
  • Bag ($30)
  • Art x4 ($105) 
  • Clock ($164)
  • Vase ($3.60)

Total: $820.49


x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...