I'm finally getting back in charge of my finances!
> What I Bought:
I ended up buying two more faux tulips ($3.80) at Panda Mart for my cat vase (totalling 7). I actually went to buy more of my favourite Cherry Tomato Bomb Twisties too but alas, they were all gone and I'm sad about it.
Total: $3.80
I went to the theatre for High School Musical: On Stage ($75 ticket & $30 programme), Hello Dolly! ($54 ticket & $10 programme), Big Fish ($40.80 ticket & $10 programme) and Jagged Little Pill: The Musical ($35 ticket & $6.66 print but $0 with voucher). I went to the cinema for Practical Magic 2 ($10) and Resident Evil ($15.60).
> What I Learnt:
I was really determined this month not to purchase anything*. Granted it was really difficult, but I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it (obviously I bought the tulips, but they don't count as I always knew I would add more to the vase, I just didn't know how many I needed at the time). I avoided shopping as much as possible. There was a day where I went to four op shops in one day and I wasn't tempted by anything. I went to three more the following day and tried on seven things. I could have bought but decided I didn't need anything.
*This was after I lost out on getting a floor lamp haha!
> Temptations:
I almost bought a floor lamp instore, but it sold out, and then I noticed on the website that it had also sold out and that made me sad. It was too expensive anyway but gorgeous and I would have liked to have owned one. Had I gone to the sale earlier (i.e. when the store opened, or just before), I might have gotten one :/
I was tempted to buy a Kenzo tiger jumper from the Salvos website and then looked on Vinted for a larger size.
But me trying to convince myself that I don't need a Kenzo jumper - 1. it's slightly cropped and you hate that! 2. When and where would you realistically wear it? 3. You're picturing it with something that you hardly wear 4. You have other items you can wear in its place 5. Are you being influenced to buy it? 6. Do you need it?
I also tried on the Aje dress I spoke about last month and I LOVED it on! The following day it went from being 25% off to 30%, so an extra saving of $30. But over $400 is still too much for me and I have nowhere to wear it.
I've always wanted a Kit-Cat Klock, and the temptation was even higher this month! I even went to the local store in hopes it'll stop me wanting one - but instead I almost walked out with the solar digital mini version.
The Incognito Art Show has 'buy 3+ and get 50% off'. Having not bought any this year yet, I am tempted.
I was shopping yesterday and almost bought leopard print boots that were on sale for $20! =O and quilt set.
> So Far:
Let's continue this (striking through essentials/needs) ... things bought so far:
- Christmas decorations x4 ($0.10)
- Keanu Reeves book ($3.50)
- Jewellery x4 ($70.49)
- Charms ($30)
- Boots x2 ($24)
- Clothing x25 ($713.30)
- DVDs x6 ($6.98)
Moisuriser ($23.40)Frames x4 ($620.44)- Bag ($30)
- Art x5 ($1005)
- Clock ($164)
- Vase x2 ($3.60)
- Faux flowers x7 ($13.30)
No comments:
Post a Comment